Studies on Carnosine, Magnesium, and Menthol
- Carnosine increases buffering capacity.
- Carnosine maintains muscular pH during exercise.
- Carnosine reduces fatigue during repeated bouts of exercise.
- Increasing carnosine levels improves exercise capacity in elderly adults
- Carnosine improves muscle contractility.
- Carnosine lessens the decline in muscle performance due to fatigue.
- Magnesium can prevent muscle damage during high intensity exercise
- Magnesium improves red blood cell count and hemoglobin levels in endurance athletes
- Magnesium can prevent magnesium deficiency in athletes
- Magnesium reduces exercise induced stress response
- Magnesium is safe and has no negative effects in magnesium normal athletes
- Menthol reduces exercise induced soreness
- Menthol improves ability to produce force in days following damage inducing exercise
- Improves heat tolerance during exercise in the heat.
- Menthol increases circulation in the microvasculature
- Menthol displays a safety profile similar to placebo for muscle strain.